I like numbers that are divisible by five for some reason. I spent five years in undergraduate, my wife and I married five years from our first date, and five years ago this month I sold my car for good to my friend Kristopher. My wife and I have been a car-lite family, and I’ve been a dedicated public transportation rider, ever since. For the bulk of those five years, I occasionally took a spin on my decades-old, left-over-from-my-high-school-days 10-speed bike. But all that changed back in the spring when I upgraded to a hybrid and started adding bike commutes, quick runs to the grocery store and library by bike, and so on. I’ve lost 15 lbs in that time (also divisible by five) and have started a deep love affair with my Giant bicycle. This is all just to say that if a once car-loving, fast-food-eating, devout sf geek can cut down the use of a car to just a couple of times a month, anyone can. Don’t get me wrong, I love technology. But technology is an instrument that can be used for good or bad, and we’ve made four-wheel, high-powered transportation into an insane energy whore. A bicycle is still the most efficient form of transportation, and I love efficiency.
- RT @nprbooks: It's here, it's here, it's here! All-new and bigger than ever, the 2016 #BookConcierge! What would YOU like to read? https://… 4 days ago
- RT @AudioFileMag: Why I Love Audiobooks: A Print Publisher's Confession publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/co… via @publisherswkly 1 week ago
- RT @AudioFileMag: TODAY ONLY: Enter to win a free download of Lauren Graham's new #audiobook from @audiobooks_com. Find out how here: https… 1 week ago
- RT @WIRED: It’s been a long time since Americans really cared about chess. She wants to change that. bit.ly/2fyhJix 1 week ago
- RT @audible_com: Do you consider "listening" reading? #askingforafriend twitter.com/LAReviewofBook… 1 week ago
- Sol y viento episodio 9 : Endings, beginnings, and the messy stuff in the middle
- Sol y viento (episodio 4) : Romance/Bromance, Let's Go For a Ride
- ¡Feliz Janucá! : Spanish Hanukkah vocabulary
- Sol y viento : episodio 1 (con subtitulos)
- Sol y viento (Episodio 3) : Jaime Plays Hardball
- Sol y viento episodio 8 : ¿Qué dice el corazón?
- Sol y viento episodio 6 : All the cats are out of the bag
- Sol y viento (episodio 2) : Jaime's Turbine of Amor
- Sol y viento episodio 7 : Sunstroke Epiphany
- Mi Vida Loca : Who knew the BBC made Spanish action films?
La Nubeadvanced almodóvar animales Argentina Arriba arriba help arte audio autotune Barcelona bebida beginners Bolivia Catalan Catalonia Chile Colombia comida cuba cuerpo deportes dia festivo edimburgo españa europa familia fútbol gramática hints hugo chavez humor immigration intermediate januca javier bardem ladino libros Los Estados Unidos lucha libre mexico musica musica cubana ninos peliculas penelope cruz politics pop culture preterite preterito publicidad Puerto Rico rant religion republica dominicana Reviews rock en español ron perlman san luis sol y viento sol y viento dialogue sol y viento english sol y viento episode sol y viento episodio sol y viento help south america Spain spanish vocabulary St. Louis television Uruguay venezuela verbos viajes video vocabulario