I have mixed feelings about Star Wars. On the one hand, one of my earliest memories was standing outside of a movie theater in Michigan City with my dad, mom, and two brothers, waiting to get in to see the original film. I’ve been a space geek ever since that day, so much so that my parents had to coax me into seeing the first Indiana Jones film by telling me that Han Solo was the star. Lucky for me they did, because I loved that film too. However, Star Wars ruined sf filmmaking. Small, thoughtful sf films like The Man Who Fell to Earth were the hallmark of 70s cinema until SW came along. Now genre films tend to be large, lights-and-explosions affairs with little content or thoughtfulness, even when their source material is a metaphor-laced story by Philip K. Dick or Brian Aldiss. But I also must admit that SW’s place in pop culture is one of the few things that tugs at my thin feelings of nostalgia, and I still get chills from the opening sequence from the series. What a sucker, eh?
- He brought Ice to the Fire party. I voted for #NightKing4MVP! Who's the #GoTMVP? Follow @AmazonChannels to see! cards.twitter.com/cards/18ce54fa… 14 hours ago
- RT @kumailn: There are some very fine people among the White Walkers. There are many sides to this conflict. #GameofThrones 22 hours ago
- RT @GuardianBooks: Science fiction author Brian Aldiss dies aged 92 d.gu.com/PgZpJl 22 hours ago
- RT @neiltyson: Odd. No one is in denial of America’s Aug 21 total solar eclipse. Like Climate Change, methods & tools of science predict it. 22 hours ago
- RT @DanAmira: In 1980 Trump demolished two historic sculptures bc removing them intact would have delayed construction of Trump Tower by a… 4 days ago
- Mi Vida Loca : Who knew the BBC made Spanish action films?
- Sol y viento : episodio 1 (con subtitulos)
- Hey Lupe, Lupita mi amor
- Sol y viento episodio 6 : All the cats are out of the bag
- La misma luna : a film by Patricia Riggen
- Easy Spanish Reader/¡Así leemos!
- #29: Alas, Babylon (1959) by Pat Frank
- Sol y viento (episodio 4) : Romance/Bromance, Let's Go For a Ride
- Sol y viento (Episodio 3) : Jaime Plays Hardball
- Sol y Viento Prólogo (con subtitulos en español)
La Nubeadvanced almodóvar animales Argentina Arriba arriba help arte audio autotune Barcelona bebida beginners Bolivia Catalan Catalonia Chile Colombia comida cuba cuerpo deportes dia festivo edimburgo españa europa familia fútbol gramática hints hugo chavez humor immigration intermediate januca javier bardem ladino libros Los Estados Unidos lucha libre mexico musica musica cubana ninos peliculas penelope cruz politics pop culture preterite preterito publicidad Puerto Rico rant religion republica dominicana Reviews rock en español ron perlman san luis sol y viento sol y viento dialogue sol y viento english sol y viento episode sol y viento episodio sol y viento help south america Spain spanish vocabulary St. Louis television Uruguay venezuela verbos viajes video vocabulario