I have mixed feelings about Star Wars. On the one hand, one of my earliest memories was standing outside of a movie theater in Michigan City with my dad, mom, and two brothers, waiting to get in to see the original film. I’ve been a space geek ever since that day, so much so that my parents had to coax me into seeing the first Indiana Jones film by telling me that Han Solo was the star. Lucky for me they did, because I loved that film too. However, Star Wars ruined sf filmmaking. Small, thoughtful sf films like The Man Who Fell to Earth were the hallmark of 70s cinema until SW came along. Now genre films tend to be large, lights-and-explosions affairs with little content or thoughtfulness, even when their source material is a metaphor-laced story by Philip K. Dick or Brian Aldiss. But I also must admit that SW’s place in pop culture is one of the few things that tugs at my thin feelings of nostalgia, and I still get chills from the opening sequence from the series. What a sucker, eh?
- RT @jemelehill: Him: I’ll play you for your heart. Me: https://t.co/3UnydmJwhQ 1 week ago
- RT @KCStar: Missouri is a destination wedding spot — for 15-year-old brides kansascity.com/news/state/mis… 1 week ago
- RT @neiltyson: Odd, isn't it. Every reason given for Daylight Saving Time in summer months could just as well apply to winter months. 1 week ago
- cleveland.com/opinion/index.… 2 weeks ago
- Sol y viento (episodio 5) : Carlos cries, Jaime lies, and María flies
- Sol y viento : episodio 1 (con subtitulos)
- Sol y viento episodio 7 : Sunstroke Epiphany
- Spanish adverbial clause practice
- Sol y viento (episodio 2) : Jaime's Turbine of Amor
- Mi Vida Loca : Who knew the BBC made Spanish action films?
- Sol y viento episodio 6 : All the cats are out of the bag
- Sol y viento (episodio 4) : Romance/Bromance, Let's Go For a Ride
- 30 Days of Immigration
- Sol y viento : Who are these people?
La Nubeadvanced almodóvar animales Argentina Arriba arriba help arte audio autotune Barcelona bebida beginners Bolivia Catalan Catalonia Chile Colombia comida cuba cuerpo deportes dia festivo edimburgo españa europa familia fútbol gramática hints hugo chavez humor immigration intermediate januca javier bardem ladino libros Los Estados Unidos lucha libre mexico musica musica cubana ninos peliculas penelope cruz politics pop culture preterite preterito publicidad Puerto Rico rant religion republica dominicana Reviews rock en español ron perlman san luis sol y viento sol y viento dialogue sol y viento english sol y viento episode sol y viento episodio sol y viento help south america Spain spanish vocabulary St. Louis television Uruguay venezuela verbos viajes video vocabulario