Every Friday morning while I make breakfast StoryCorps is playing in the background. StoryCorps is an oral history project that documents a conversation between two people about something important in their lives: coming to America, raising children, traveling across the country, a particular summer, whatever. Typically I start by barely listening to the current week’s program, and then by the end the toast is burning and I’ve poured orange juice into the cereal instead of milk. Today’s feature was about a woman named Lucille Mascarenas telling her son about her tough relationship with his grandmother Candelaria, a Spanish-speaking farmer from New Mexico. Because of this episode, I found out that StoryCorps has a special collection of Latino/Hispanic stories in the archives called (por supesto) “Historias: Cuenta tu historia.” I guess I needed another time suck in my life. Thanks, St. Louis Public Radio.
- RT @PeteButtigieg: Don’t let anybody tell you that the other side is the side that’s got a handle on freedom. We are the party of freedom a… 3 weeks ago
- RT @michaelschaub: Every time I see a baby boomers vs. millennials tweet I wonder if they realize there's a whole generation in between who… 3 months ago
- RT @Variety: '#SpiderMan: Into the Spider-Verse' wins best animated motion picture bit.ly/2AuyRy7 #GoldenGlobes https://t.co/OYjfH… 3 months ago
- RT @joshgad: #SpidermanIntotheSpiderVerse is one of those movies that you leave the theater and immediately want to turn around & see it ag… 3 months ago
- RT @ingallsimages: How did we get from: “Mexico is paying for the wall.” to me having to start to think about what possessions I may need t… 3 months ago
- Sol y viento episodio 9 : Endings, beginnings, and the messy stuff in the middle
- Sol y viento (episodio 5) : Carlos cries, Jaime lies, and María flies
- Sol y viento episodio 7 : Sunstroke Epiphany
- Sol y viento (Episodio 3) : Jaime Plays Hardball
- Sol y viento episodio 6 : All the cats are out of the bag
- Sol y viento episodio 8 : ¿Qué dice el corazón?
- Mi Vida Loca : Who knew the BBC made Spanish action films?
- Hey Lupe, Lupita mi amor
- Sol y viento : episodio 1 (con subtitulos)
- Sol y viento (episodio 4) : Romance/Bromance, Let's Go For a Ride
La Nubeadvanced almodóvar animales Argentina Arriba arriba help arte audio autotune Barcelona bebida beginners Bolivia Catalan Catalonia Chile Colombia comida cuba cuerpo deportes dia festivo edimburgo españa europa familia fútbol gramática hints hugo chavez humor immigration intermediate januca javier bardem ladino libros Los Estados Unidos lucha libre mexico musica musica cubana ninos peliculas penelope cruz politics pop culture preterite preterito publicidad Puerto Rico rant religion republica dominicana Reviews rock en español ron perlman san luis sol y viento sol y viento dialogue sol y viento english sol y viento episode sol y viento episodio sol y viento help south america Spain spanish vocabulary St. Louis television Uruguay venezuela verbos viajes video vocabulario